Nine most irritating symptoms of Tonsils
Tonsils are some fleshy pieces of the tissue which is left in the throat above or below the tongue. Tonsils are helpful for defeating infection in terms of the immune system of the body.
Tonsillitis can be caused due to some bacteria, allergies and respiration issues which results in an inflammatory tonsil’s condition. In such a situation, tonsils appear as the swollen and red color with yellow and gray color coating on the surface.
Here are some of the symptoms of irritated tonsils –
1. Tonsillitis gets started suddenly with some sore throat and pain when you swallow something. It also causes the tissues of tonsils and throat. It gets swollen and blocks the air passage in and out of the respiration system.
2. Irritated tonsils affect the pain in the anterior area of the neck which is among the generally irritated tonsils. Its pain varies to other people due to the infection.
3. Symptoms of irritated tonsils may also get involve fever, redder tonsils, swollen glands in the neck area, distortion of voice and sound, the colored coating on the tonsils, sore throat, etc.
4. When any person comes in contact with fluids of a person who has tonsillitis, then he also gets infected with tonsillitis which is a contagious disease which can spread easily. It is very common in pre-school and school-age children.
5. Once the tonsils are caused, they begin to change the color which is recognized on inspection which may appear like white and green spots on them. These are meant by pus pockets which are formed within the tonsil’s layers.
6. Often tonsils attack and turn the situation to the chronic stage. The body may not be able to defend from the bacteria and allergies. Physicians try to treat infected tonsils with strong antibiotics, but if it happens twice in a year, then a surgery known as tonsillectomy is prescribed which means the removal of adenoids.
7. Throat irritation did not happen from tonsils being inflamed but also rubbed against food which has already eaten. Symptoms such as throat irritation and sore throat could show the presence of sinus infection especially in the patients which suffer from sneezing, cough, runny nose, and nasal congestion.
8. Some more symptoms are like abdominal pain, bad breath, severe headache, hard swallowing issue, swollen lymph nodes, raw or bleeding patches on the tonsils.
9. Untreated infected tonsils can lead to some complication such as rheumatic fever which can be harmful to the heart. The common cause of this disease is just a viral infection or a bacterial infection. Viral tonsillitis shows the cold like symptoms while bacterial tonsillitis results in fever with some swollen lymph nodes.
To avoid contact with bacteria, viruses and germs cause tonsillitis which is the best way for preventing the condition. Experts suggest that frequent hand washing and ignoring the sharing of utensils or glasses with the sick person would prevent yours from infection of tonsils.