The common symptoms of urinary tract infections in males
The urinary tract infection is an infection in any part of the urinary tract from the bladder to the kidney. The causes may be the entrance of bacteria and virus from the large intestine to the urinary bladder. Most infections involve the lower tract like urethra and women are more prone to develop an infection in compression to man. It can affect the kidney, bladder and tubes that are running in between both.
The bacteria from anus are in the perfect position to enter into the bladder from the anus as they are situated closely. If the infection is not treated on time, then the bacteria quickly multiple and reaches to the kidney. The antibiotic can cure urinary tract infections.
Bladder infections, urinary tract infection and urethritis are some common types of infection in males depending upon the infected area in the track.
Symptoms of UTI
The symptoms of bladder infection appear suddenly after infection includes;
• Feeling need for Frequent urination
• Urinary urgencies, sudden urge to urinate to empty bladder
• Lower abdomen pain in the center above the pubic area
• Burning sensation and painful urination
• Blood while passing urine with a strange smell
• Fever or chills when infection leads to the kidney.
Symptoms of urinary tract infection that involve kidneys are somehow different from the initial stage in infection symptoms.
• Pain in back or side which persist with the change of sides and position.
• The feeling of nausea and vomiting
• High fever of sickness feelings
• Night sweats and chills
• Skin redness
The patient with UTI experiences pain while passing urine with the slow urinating system. They also report,
• Pain in lower back and abdomen
• frequent urge to pass urine but in fewer amounts,
• cloudy urine with foul smelling
• fever and high temperature.
• Blood in urine
• Urethral discharge
• The feeling of incomplete bladder
• Painful ejaculation and sexual dysfunction
Cause of urinary tract infections in males
Bacteria E-coli is the main cause of infection and it is transfer in urethra to penis that transfer naturally present bacterium of the body from the bladder.
Few other reasons include;
• immobile for longer period of time,
• not taking or drink sufficient fluid like water,
• Anal intercourse
• Urinary tract surgery