How to Manage the pain in Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
the Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is the disorder of a mix of belly discomfort along with trouble with bowel moments. Diarrhea, constipation with different kind of stool like hard, thin, liquid and soft. The patient also experiences abdominal pain bloating and cramps.
The condition in non-life threating and do not require any surgery like other colon conditions. People need to change their working setting and school due to this condition.
People need to make changes in lifestyle and a balanced diet can provide relief in pain that results in irritable bowel movements.
Managing the pain cause buy irritable bowel syndrome;
The treatment begins of IBS start from understanding the nature of the condition. The reason why and how the symptoms arise. The people with mild pain need treatment of gut. But when the pain is chronic then treatment needs to include brain and body phenomena.
The traditional medication only focusses the drugs therapeutics and avoid the importance of psychological therapies.
Making a few changes in eating also helps to manage pain that includes;
Healthy eating habits;
• Avoid eating large and heavy meals that may lead to a condition like cramping and diarrhea. Divide the meal into small portion and set time and regular interval for each meal.
• The small portion helps the stomach do less effort in digestion and processing food.
• Low fats diets and high carbs with fiber also help body other option ae whole grains and bread, pasta, cereals, rice, fresh fruits and vegetables also help the body to improve the digestive system.
• Avoid foods that result in bloating which also include some fatty food. Also, avoid gas-producing vegetables.
• Avoid caffeine such as coffee, tea and soda.
• Limit the amount of milk and cheese in diet.
• Keep a record of daily food intake that will help to tract the IBS friendly food in knowledge.
• Include fiber such as beans, oats, barley, flaxseed, add fruits apples, banana along with root vegetables carrot and potatoes. The fiber helps the body to regulate bowel movement and reduce the chance of constipation and diarrhea.
Drink plenty of water with regulating interval throughout the day. Drinking water can help the stool to become bulkier. It will be easy to execrate out and relieve the pain of irritable bowel movements.
Staying active and follow regular exercise routine provide relieve in conditions like IBS. Exercise also stimulates the Instinet contraction and ease the pain. Exercise like jogging, walk, yoga, Pilates and meditation help the body to normalize the GI tracts functions.
Stress management also provides help in such condition. If the amount of stress is lower in life it reduces the severity and pain of the symptoms associated with IBS. Stress management techniques, counselling and better sleep help a lot. The help from the support group, peer, support is also necessary for such a patient to fight with discomfort in life-related to IBS.
Medicinal therapy includes laxatives, fiber supplements, antispasmodic, laxatives, antidiarrheal, antidepressants and antimotility. These medications provide relieve in IBS pain and will treat the symptoms like cramping and diarrhea.
The psychological therapies include hypnotherapy, behavioral therapies, cognitive behavioral therapy provide support and education to the patient. The talk therapy such as psychotherapy and eclectic approach induce insight in the patient regarding his problem and how can cope with the stress related to his condition.