What are the Common Reasons for Urinary Incontinence?
The Urinary Incontinence occurs when the normal flow of the storing and passing urine is disrupted and causes involuntary leakage of the urine. The urinary sphincter is lost or get weaker. This happens due to the number of reasons.
Some factor causes short term Incontinence while others may cause a long term uncontrolled of urinary tract function.
Women and man both are affected by this problem. But in women, it is more common after the age of 30 due to multiple reasons.
There are different causes and reasons for conditions like Urinary Incontinence. Which includes
The conditions occur when the pressure inside the bladder become greater once it is filled with urine, and the urethra stays close. The sudden extra pressure like laughing and coughing cause urine leakage. If pelvis muscles are weak the urethra cannot stay close or it is damaged.
The problems of this functional damage are due to;
• During childbirth, if the childbirth route changes due to his position.
• When the abdomen exerts extra pressure on the bladder due to pregnancy and obesity.
• When the area near to urinary bladder is damaged in surgery of womb in women and in man prostate gland surgery.
• Due to neurological conditions such as Parkinson, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injuries
• Connective tissues disorders and other medical conditions
Urge Urinary Incontinence;
The frequent and urgency for urination can be caused to the weak muscles or urinary bladder. the detours muscles of bladder wall relax and allow the bladder to fill with urine. It also contracts at the time of urination.
When the muscles contract more often and create urgency for urination. This condition is known as overactive balder. There are different causes like
• Large intake of alcohol and caffeine
• Low fluid intake
• Consisted constipation
• Urinary tract infection
• Neurological disorders
Overflow Urinary Incontinence;
Overflow urinary incontinence is also called chronic Urinary Incontinence which is caused by abstraction and some blockage in the bladder. The bladder fills up but fails completely due to any blockage. The urine stays there and causes leakage and pressure from time to time.
The reason for obstruction of the bladder are;
• Bladder stones
• Large prostate glands in man
• Damage to any nerve in the spinal cord which controls bowel and bladder movement
Total Urinary Incontinence;
When the bladder fails to store the urine at all. which results in passing large liquid and in some cases frequent leakage is also reported.
This conditions may be caused by;
• By birth bladder defects
• Bladder fistula
• Spinal cord injury
• Medication like sedatives, antidepressant and diuretic cause total Urinary Incontinence.
Causes of Temporary Urinary Incontinence;
Sometime Urinary Incontinence is temporary due to food or any liquid intake which hindered the normal bladder function. The food or other factors are responsible for temporary inconsistency are;
• Diuretic Foods, Medications and Drinks
• Artificial sweeteners
• Carbonated drinks
• Corn syrup
• Acidic, sugary and spicy foods
• Citrus fruits
• Medications for blood pressure and heart
• Muscle relaxants and sedatives
• Large doses of B vitamins