Debra Messing is a 52 years old American actress, comedian and television producer. Born on 15th August 1968 in Brooklyn New York, Debra lives in New York City.
Debra Messing Career Details
Debra has an interesting graph as an actor. She has done television series, films, sitcoms, broadways and even had a brief appearance as a reality show judge.
The American beauty was first seen in an extended appearance on NYPD Blue (1994-1995). Her role on the television series lasted for 3 episodes. She then starred in her debut film ‘A Walk in the Clouds’ (1995). It was this film that got her a role on the sitcom Ned and Stacey (1995-1997). Debra went on to do ‘Prey’ (1998), a dramatic science fiction series where she played a scientist. However, Debra’s best and most popular role to date has been Grace Adler, from the sitcom ‘Will and Grace’ (1998-2006). The show not only won critics appreciation but became a fan favorite as well. It was so popular that it got revived again as Will and Grace (2017-2020). Debra’s character Molly Kagan in the ‘The Starter Wife’ (2007) (her own production) was also widely appreciated.
Debra has worked in other notable films including ‘Hollywood Ending’ (2002), ‘Along Came Polly’ (2004), ‘The Wedding Date’ (2005) and others. Her work in Will and Grace as well as The Starter Wife earned her numerous nominations for Best Actress by many popular and critics’ awards.
Debra Messing Net Worth
Debra’s net worth has been estimated to be US$ 20 million.
Debra Messing Family Details And Ethnicity
Debra is Jewish. She was born to Sandra Messing and Brian Messing. Her father worked as a salesperson in a jewelry company. Debra’s mother however had multiple jobs. Sandra was a singer, real estate agent as well as a traveler. Debra has Russian and Polish ancestry as well.
Debra Messing Dating History And Marriage Details
The red-haired beauty had dated actor Will Chase, her co-star from ‘Smash’.
Debra Messing Spouse And Kids
Debra married Daniel Zelma, an actor and screen writer, in 2010. The two had been long time lovers and had first met in 1990. Debra filed for divorce in June 2016 and later that year the two ended their marriage.
Debra and Daniel have a son together. Roman Zelman was born on 7th April 2004.
Debra Messing Body Measurements
The gorgeous beauty stands tall at 5ft 8 inches. She weighs 60kg.
Debra’s body measurements are 35-25-35.
Interesting Facts About Debra Messing
- Debra would watch musical dramas very keenly as a child. She was so influenced by them that she took up dance, singing and acting lessons at East Greenwich high school.
- Debra’s parents were very supportive of her choices in the acting field. Though they did encourage her to complete her education all the way. Debra went to Brandels University and got her Bachelor of Arts degree. She then did her Masters in fine arts from New York University.
- Debra admitted she had to lose a lot of weight for her character in Will and Grace. She was in her 30’s back then and a size 8. The clothes she was given wouldn’t fit her. It was a struggle and she went on a strict diet to get to a size 2. Debra also faced depression as a result of her weight loss. She is not very happy about that phase of her life and views it as a torture.
- Debra has often been outspoken about her views. She openly called Donald Trump ‘Liar in Chief’ while he was still President of the United States back in 2020. Debra had criticized him and his government for not being able to handle the outbreak resulting from Covid-19 pandemic.
- In 2002, Debra and her ex-husband Daniel had purchased Renee Zellweger’s Bel Air mansion for $US 7.5 million which became talk of the celebrity town. However, they sold it off after a few years.
Professional Accolades For Debra Messing
- Debra has won a Golden Satellite Award for Will and Grace in 2001.
- Debra won the Primetime Emmy award in 2003 for her role in Will and Grace.
- Debra won the Best Actress award at The Williamsburg Independent Film Festival for her work in Like Sunday, Like Rain (2014).
- She was awarded the Excellence in Media Award by GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) in 2017.
- Debra was also inducted, in 2017, into the Hollywood Walk of Fame where she received her own star.