Deep vein thrombosis is known to be a condition where there is the clotting of blood which is forms a deep vein in te body and in most cases it occurs in the lower thigh or leg. Superficial vein and deep veins may be formed due to the blood clot.
When this occurs that is the blood clot it need immediate medical assistance. Further when blood clots with inflammation in superficial vein it rarely causes any problems.
In most cases adults with the age of 60are mostly affected with this disease but it can also affect any person.
Some of the factors that may increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis include
- Heart failure
- Surgery or injury
- Inheriting a blood clotting disorder
- Sitting for long period of time
- Birth Control pills
- Deep vein Thrombosis in leg Symptoms
In most cases the blood clots are considered to be small thus they may not be the cause however some possible symptoms of deep vein thrombosis include;
- Mild Fever: Mild fever is associated with the pain in the leg which is known to be caused by the thrombosis. However the pain can go away in a few days.
- Redness: After some time one may experience redness and discoloring of the skin in the leg and it may affect the whole leg which depends on the depth of the clot and the area.
- Leg fatigue: One may feel Weakness and fatigue which is caused by the pain in the leg. One may be advised to take prescribed medications for he relief from the leg fatigue symptoms.
- Visible surface veins: In most cases when there is a visible surface veins it shows that deep vein thrombosis is present and it is one of the common symptoms. Also individual may feel them in their hands which indicate that they are palpable and visible.
- Leg pain and tenderness; One may feel discomfort and pain in the foot and the ankle and one may find it very hard to stand with the weight of the body.
- Warmth on the affected leg: In the leg there can be pain and swelling which is caused by the increase warmth of the leg.
- Swelling in the affected leg: In the affected leg there can be swelling that as a result it makes the leg tissue to feel firm to the touch. This symptom cannot be improved by resting as well as elevating the affected leg.
One need to talk to the doctor if there is any observation of one or two symptoms. During that time the doctor will examine and ask various questions about the symptoms.
After the doctor conclude that one is suffering form the deep vein thrombosis, there can be various test carried out like ultrasound, venography and blood test which will help in the diagnosis.