In today’s times when most of us are working and extremely busy, we hardly find time to follow a proper maintained skin care routine. The skin is the barrier against the harmful elements like the UV rays, dust and the ever increasing pollution. Thus, it is important we follow a proper maintained skin care regime to help our skin to cope up with these and last longer, healthier.
Below are few reasons why your skin care is of utmost importance:
1. It’s a know fact that you fell better when you look better: Having healthy and glowing skin boosts self-confidence. Even if you are having a bad day, a pretty and glowing face and healthy smile can turn your day around.
2. We’ve heard the proverb that prevention is always better than cure: Without a proper skin care routine, our skin will not be able to maintain its health after 30.and will start to look dull and wrinkled. Thus, it is important that you start as early as possible and maintain you skin from the time it is in its best form.
Few “Always and Obvious” tips:
There are millions of skin care regimes and tips you will find for a healthy skin, but note, all these depend on your skin type. So, the first step towards a healthy skin will be to first be sure of your skin type and find the right skin care regime.
• Always have lots and lots of water. Water keeps you hydrated and makes your skin look moisturized and healthy.
• Always, use a sunscreen lotion. It helps to prevent sun burns and pre-mature ageing and should be a must have!
• A night skin care regime is a must do. Just before you go to sleep, cleanse you skin with a mild cleanser. It is important as the skin heals itself while we sleep, and it is mandatory that is clean and makeup free during the healing process.
• Wash you face 2-3 times a day with lukewarm water. It helps with keeping the pores clean.
Try to devote some amount of time every weekend towards your skin and try to use the natural therapies our elders used to use. Remember, the natural homecare tips are the best!
Below are a few best-kept beauty secrets coming down from our earlier generations, which should be included in the all so busy schedule of our lives:
Using honey as a face mask: Honey is natural anti-bacterial properties and is thus great for treating acne and skin ageing problems. It is also a great moisturizer and soothes skin. There are different combinations of face masks for honey depending on your skin type. Choose the one right for you and you should be good to go!
OatMeal for the skin: Oatmeal has a lot of healthy benefits, like soaking excess oil from the skin, fight acne, cleanses the skin naturally, exfoliates, reduces inflammation and relieves itching.
How to use: Make a face pack with Oatmeal, milk, clay and lemon juice. Mix well until it forms a smooth paste and apply it. Keep for 20mins and rinse with cold water.
Cucumber Therapy: Cucumber has high water content it helps in hydrating the skin in the eye region. How to use it: Place cucumber slices on your eyes to cool and soothe them and remove those dark circles.
Potato masks: Potato helps in fighting wrinkles and lines and adds vitamins and minerals to the skin.
How to use it: Grate a potato, mix it with 1 tbsp honey and 2tbsp of olive oil. All these ingredients combined adds moisture to your skin, replenishes it and makes it look fresh.
Use Chandan and Multani Mitti: Never heard of it? Yes, it is a thing and has miraculous effects, Chandan and multani mitti powder can be used for removing dark spots from your skin and help in making it glow.
How to use it: Add some Chandan/Multani mitti (You can use either of these at a time) mixed with some honey and rose water, keep it on for 20 mins and wash with lukewarm water for healthy and rejuvenated skin. This mixture works good for exfoliation and moisturization.
Turmeric and Besan Paste: This combination would be no 1 on the grandmothers glowing skin care tips. Besan/Gram flour is a natural exfoliator and removes dead skin cells while turmeric has anti-oxidant properties which help in improving skin complexion and overall rejuvenation of the skin.
How to use it: Add some besan, turmeric along with cold milk and honey and make a paste. Apply the paste to face and hands and wash off with lukewarm water.
You can find several other tips, but it is your call to choose the right one depending upon how the product and practice affects your skin.
It sometimes does seem a huge task to be done within our daily busy schedule, but these do have a lot of positive effects later, and who doesn’t want to look pretty and young always?