Bronchitis is common health problems caused by irritation of mucous membrane found in the segment of bronchial airways of the lungs. As a result, there is a narrowing of air passage that triggers the coughing and hacking with very thick phlegm. Bacteria or virus infections cause bronchitis and only last for several days before the symptoms are detected.
Bronchitis in children is very dangerous because of the health complications that it is associated with it. Other diseases may also gain entry into the body, such as pneumonia. Some home remedies and good hygiene are essential for controlling the disease.
Treatment and Remedies for bronchitis in children
- Some of the home remedies include forming a habit of washing hands, especially in children and especially during winter, when there is an increase in cold and flu infections.
- Mist a half teaspoon full of turmeric powder in cup milk and let the child drink. This should be carried out thrice a week. It is also recommended to serve it on an empty stomach because the mixture has anti-inflammatory and bacterial properties.
- Another remedy is gargling of warm water that may help to loosen the phlegm and reduces constriction that may make the chest being painful.
- Always take a mixture of chicory root powder with honey and take at least thrice a week. Chicory root powder can be obtained from the herbal and medical stores. It is one of the long-term remedies for bronchitis.
- Drinking of a lot of fluid may also help to dehydrate the body, which results in mucus in the lungs and hence improves on coughing.
- Another excellent remedy is adding a drop of Vicky vapor, and eucalyptus pin oil, to the boiling water and afterward as it releases the steam, inhale it as it necessary remedy to unblock the air passages that causes the mucus in the lungs. Moreover, pine oil acts as an expectorant and can help to suppress the bronchioles.
- It is also recommended to have a raw onion juice every morning, which is an excellent remedy for bronchitis and other respiratory infections.
- Moreover, the almond powder is also useful; it is added to a cup of orange juice and drunk. Taking a cup of this drink everyday can give fast relief from phlegm and cough. Besides, one can also add almond powder to a cup of lemon juice for drinking.
- Another great mixture is addicting 4-5 leaves of Basil; also put a small piece of ginger and teaspoon in a cup of water. Boil the mixture under low heat until the combination is half full. It is important to drink this twice a day, and it is an essential remedy for bronchitis cure.
- There are essential oils available in the market that can aid a patient to loosen the mucous and then make the cough more critical. These productive materials may include lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and frankincense.
- Lastly, outdoor exercise and breathing of fresh air are also crucial for treating bronchitis. It is recommended that patients take a morning walk every day.